Inherting from object. Or not.

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Jan 26 16:02:22 EST 2005

(Picking up a side track of the "python without OO" thread.)

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 11:01, Neil Benn wrote:

> I say this because you do need to be aware of the
> 'mythical python wand' which will turn you from a bad programmer into a
> good programmer simply by typing 'class Klass(object):'.

What is the difference between inherting form object, and not doing it? E.g,
what's the difference between the two following classes?

class foo:
	pass

class bar(object):
	pass

Sometimes people inherit from it, and sometimes not. I don't see a pattern in
their choices.

Cheers,

		Frans