protecting the python code.

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Jan 16 12:32:26 EST 2005

nell wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> First the "10x in advance" means thanks in advance.
> The main importance of protecting my code is to save headache of
> customers that want to be smart and change it and then complain on bugs
> and problems.
>
> 10x

I'd have understood "tnx", never seens 10x b4 :-)

Your concerns are what licensing's for. ("No support on modified copies"
would be a good heading for a section addressing this issue).

With good enough release controls you can verify the code is unmodified
using md5 checksums or similar.

If a customer's good enough at Python to disassemble your .pyc files,
they will probably tell you they've modified your code when the support
queries come in :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119