Securing a future for anonymous functions in Python

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Jan 7 19:12:47 EST 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:

> Richard Feynman told a story about being on a review committee for
> some grade-school science textbooks.  One of these book said something
> about "counting numbers" and it took him a while to figure out that
> this was a new term for what he'd been used to calling "integers".

With all due respect to Richard Feynman, I'd have thought that
"counting numbers" would be non-negative integers, rather than the
full set of integers...  which, I suppose, just goes to show how
perilous it can be to make up new, "more natural" terms for things. ;)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International