Installing Numeric with ATLAS and LAPACK

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 28 12:16:17 EST 2005

>>>>> "drife" == drife  <daranrife at yahoo.com> writes:

    drife> Hello, Could someone please provide instructions for
    drife> install Numeric with ATLAS and LAPACK?

Locate libcblas.a and add that dir to the setup.py library_dirs_list.
Eg on my system, /usr/local/lib/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2_2/libcblas.a

setup.py:

library_dirs_list = ['/usr/local/lib/ATLAS/lib/Linux_P4SSE2_2']

Do the same for cblas.h and add it to the include_dirs var in
setup.py, on my system it is /usr/local/lib/ATLAS/include/cblas.h, so
in setup.py

include_dirs = ['/usr/local/lib/ATLAS/include/', '/usr/include/atlas']

Then python setup.py install *should* work.

JDH