why are people still using classic classes?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jan 13 03:02:40 EST 2005

Simon Wittber <simonwittber at gmail.com> wrote:

>I've noticed that a few ASPN cookbook recipes, which are recent
>additions, use classic classes.
>
>I've also noticed classic classes are used in many places in the
>standard library.
>
>I've been using new-style classes since Python 2.2, and am suprised
>people are still using the classic classes.
>
>Is there a legitimate use for classic classes that I am not aware of?
>Is there a project to specifically migrate standard library classes to
>new-style classes?

Probably because there is still no compelling reason to break the old
habits and type those 6 extra characters.

Once a person has a case where the new classes make a difference, I suspect
they catch the new habit and never look back.  I haven't crossed that
threshhold yet.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.