Alternative Ways to install Python 2.4?

Michael Goettsche mail at tuxipuxi.org
Sun Jan 23 08:30:33 EST 2005

Hello guys,

I convinced my CS teacher to use Python in school. We currently have 2.2
installed on a Windows 2000 Terminal server. I asked the system administrator
to upgrade to Python 2.4, but he didn't succeed in doing it. He used the
microsoft installer package, which according to him crashed when starting.
So my question is if there's an alternative way to install it(must be easy).
Would it be an option to remove 2.2 first and then try to install 2.4 again?

Sorry for asking, but he doesn't have so much time and I've to install it
tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
Michael