What's so funny? WAS Re: rotor replacement

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Jan 28 13:29:58 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 01:51 am, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> ah, you're the guy who flamed me and called me names because PIL didn't
> fit some hypothetical GNU-inspired definition of "open source software."  it's
> always sad when people have to attack those who don't share their religion,
> but it's not that much I can do about that.

That is a complete misrepresentation of the post in question.  It was in
no manner of interpretation a "flame".  You simply took offense out of thin
air.  And there's not much *I* can do about *that*.

I figured that my intent to contribute to your project was sufficient to
indicate my good intentions.

> >  So, naturally, I just dropped it.
>
> which means that you have no idea how easy or hard it is to install PIL today
> (hint: things have changed)

Oh?  In which version?

Are you saying that your installation procedure now honors the "--with-jpeg=" and
"--with-png=" flags to configure?   Because although you had these flags, in the last
version I installed from source, they did not work -- it was still necessary to edit
the Makefile.

That was either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, and I'm pretty sure it was the latter.

Now if you've actually fixed this, I look forward to trying it out the next
time I have to do a complete from-source installation.  I'll say "thank you",
just in case.

Cheers,
Terry