"Mail receiver server"

manatlan manatlan_no_s_p_a_m at free.fr
Mon Jan 31 17:46:24 EST 2005

Mitja a écrit :
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:23:46 +0100, manatlan
> <manatlan_no_s_p_a_m at free.fr>  wrote:
>
>> in fact, i'd like to control "computer A" by sending smtp email from
>> "computer B".
>>
>> What kind of server should i write on computer "B", a smtp server ? a
>> pop server ?
>

> It would be easier if you used an existing mail server (which OS are
> you  running on comp B?), then use its redirecting features to pipe the
> incoming mail to your python script. AFAIK most servers support that.
> Less  hassle, though probably a wee bit more intensive for the computer.

the OS is a win32 (w2k), with IIS ... there is a "Virtual SMTP server"
in IIS ...

I like the idea, but how to connect the virtual smtp and a python script ?

but ... There should be a way to be python only ... because i don't want
to be very complex, i just want to get the subject of the email, to run
some commands (and perhaps get a attachment file) ... but that's all
i am pretty sure that a recipe exists ... that a man has already done that !
But i don't know what to query on google ...