What YAML engine do you use?

rm rm at rm.net
Fri Jan 21 12:30:47 EST 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> writes:
>
>>For those of you who don't know what YAML is: visit http://yaml.org/!
>>You will be amazed, and never think of XML again. Well, almost.
>

> Oh please no, not another one of these.  We really really don't need it.

well, I did look at it, and as a text format is more readable than XML
is. Furthermore, XML's verbosity is incredible. This format is not.
People are abusing the genericity of XML to put everything into it.

Parsing and working with XML are highly optimized, so there's not really
a problem in that sector. But to transfer the same data in a YAML
format, rather than a XML format is much more economic. But networks are
getting faster, right?

Nowadays, people are trying to create binary XML, XML databases,
graphics in XML (btw, I'm quite impressed by SVG), you have XSLT, you
have XSL-FO, ... .

And I think, YAML is a nice initiative.

bye,
rm