Embedding a restricted python interpreter

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Tue Jan 4 18:38:00 EST 2005

Hi,

I would like to embed a python interpreter within a program, but since that
program would be able to automatically download scripts from the internet,
I'd like to run those in a restricted environment, which basically means
that I want to allow only a specific set of modules to be used by the
scripts, so that it wouldn't be possible for them to remove files from the
hard drive, kill processes or do other nasty stuff.
Is there any way to do that with the standard python interpreter?