Continuations Based Web Framework - Seaside.

Mike Thompson none.by.e-mail
Sun Jan 2 06:28:21 EST 2005

'Seaside' is a Smalltalk framework for what might be called "Modal Web
Development" or "Synchronous Web Programming", or even "Continuation
Based Web Apps".

     http://www.beta4.com/seaside2/

Very sexy it looks too.  And it seems to be generating a lot of interest
- Ruby and Java variants have already sprung up:

      http://rubyforge.org/projects/borges/
      http://lakeshore.sourceforge.net/

I googled for the python spin-off but didn't find one. Closest I found
was Imposter (http://csoki.ki.iif.hu/~vitezg/impostor/) which looks like
an earlier, partially failed attempt to do what Seaside now seems to be
delivering.

Anyway, I guess all I'm doing is drawing this to the community's
attention. Sophisticated web applications seems to be one of Python's
key domains and this looks a significant new development in the area.

--
Mike