finding/replacing a long binary pattern in a .bin file

yaipa yaipa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 16:20:11 EST 2005

Bengt,

Thanks for the input, sorry, your diff threw me the first time I looked
at it, but then I went back and tried it later.  Yes it works fine and
I've tucked it away for later use.  For this particular Use Case
String.replace seems to get the job done in short order and the tool
needs to be maintained by folks not familiar /w Python so I went a head
and used that. But, I image I will use this bit of code when I need a
finer grained tool.

Thanks again.
Cheers,

  --Alan