makepy crashing

Roger Upole rupole at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 01:01:10 EST 2005

Looks like the makepy step creates the generated file successfully,
but python is choking with an assertion failure on lines longer than
512 when it tries to import it.

This is the line it was processing when it died:
def GetSpellingSuggestions(self, Word=defaultNamedNotOptArg,
CustomDictionary=defaultNamedOptArg, IgnoreUppercase=defaultNamedOptArg,
MainDictionary=defaultNamedOptArg, SuggestionMode=defaultNamedOptArg,
CustomDictionary2=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary3=defaultNamedOptArg,
CustomDictionary4=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary5=defaultNamedOptArg,
CustomDictionary6=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary7=defaultNamedOptArg,
CustomDictionary8=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary9=defaultNamedOptArg,
CustomDictionary10=defaultNamedOptArg):

You might be able to do a workaround by hacking genpy.py and replacing the
default....Arg names with something shorter.
...Nope, there are a few other lines that exceed 512.

I think it's a problem with the encoding.  If you remove the mbcs tag
(# -*- coding: mbcs -*-) from the top of the generated file, the import
succeeds.

       Roger

news:1106068266.402828.301030 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...