python and macros (again) [Was: python3: 'where' keyword]

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Fri Jan 14 05:51:49 EST 2005

Op 2005-01-14, Fredrik Lundh schreef <fredrik at pythonware.com>:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>>> no, expressions CAN BE USED as statements.  that doesn't mean
>>> that they ARE statements, unless you're applying belgian logic.
>>
>> No I am applying set logic. Any string that is in the set of
>> valid expressions is also in the set of valid statements.
>
> since you're arguing that one concept is identical to another concept, that
> operation has to work in both directions.

No I'm not. "is" doesn't mean the concepts are the same.

>> Like any animal that is in the set of dogs is also in the
>> set of mamals.
>
> and all mammals are dogs?

No but every dog is a mammal, and saying that doesn't imply dog and
mammal are identical concepts

> it this a language problem?  do you have problems parsing the statements
> you reply to?  even when someone explictly says "Given that we are having
> this discussion in the context of", you chose to ignore that context.  what's
> wrong with you?

Well IMO I have explained clearly that I understood this in a set
logical sense in my first response. It seems you chose to ignore
that context. So what's wrong with you?

--
Antoon Pardon