Question Regarding SocketServer

missiplicity at yahoo.com missiplicity at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 15:28:20 EST 2005

Hi,
I am newbie to Python language and am taking my baby steps. I am
using Python2.4 from ActiveState on W2K. I am trying to create a simple
SocketServer program. Just adding the following 2 lines of code in the
program result in the errors given below:

import SocketServer
print "SocketServer imported"

Running the above cause the following errors

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TestServer3.py", line 2, in ?
import SocketServer
File "C:\Python24\lib\SocketServer.py", line 8, in ?
- AF_INET{,6}: IP (Internet Protocol) sockets (default)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'StreamRequestHandler'

I actually had more code to get the server running (actually it runs on
Linux), but it was throwing up errors on Windows, so I stripped it down
to the bare minimum to see where I am having an issue. I dont
understand why this is happening. Can someone point to me what I am
doing wrong or what is wrong with my configuration.

Thanks,
Kris