Really OT (was Re: OT: spacing of code in Google Groups)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jan 6 16:33:23 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>This "cat equivalent" thing is a red-herring.  I can rarely type more
>
> I tried offering a red herring to my cat to check this out, and, sure
> enough, she indignantly refused it and miaowed loudly for less smelly
> food.  So, you may have a point here.

Going totally off-topic (except for those who define anything
that ridicules Bill Gates as inherently on-topic), just as
I read your reply I saw the following two "related" articles
as I was reading some news online:

On red herrings (and silly Bill screwing up another demo):
http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=11118&hed=Glitz%2C+glitches+and+Gates+at+CES&sector=Profiles&subsector=Companies

On cats (bouncing dead ones, anyway):
http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh79805_2005-01-06_17-20-03_n06358600_newsml

(My reticular formation must be working fine today...)

-Peter