What's the best python web-developer's editor

Jay Loden python at jayloden.com
Thu Jan 20 13:52:45 EST 2005

You didn't mention platform, but I'm guessing from the mention of Screem that
you're using a Linux platform.  On Linux I like kwrite and kate (both
similar, kate includes some other features like a built in terminal where you
can run some commands, ability to support projects, open multiple files tiled
to read all the code at once, etc).  They both use the same editing portion,
which has syntax highlighting for Python and html both.  Because of KDE
network transparency, you can edit files over ftp/save to an ftp site.

Just in case, I'll recommend my favorite Windows editor for those times when
I'm stuck on Windows - Crimson Editor, http://www.crimsoneditor.com Has
syntax highlights, and just about every feature I could possibly ask for in
an editor.  I actually missed this app the most when moving to Linux.

-Jay