Python evolution: Unease

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 5 08:37:25 EST 2005

    Terry> Numarray has a record array type.  If there is not one publicly
    Terry> available, perhaps you could write a CSV file to record-array
    Terry> slurper and contribute it to the Recipes site or maybe even the
    Terry> CSV module.
    >>
    >> -1 on putting such a beast into the CSV module, especially if, as it
    >> seems, it would rely on something outside the core.

    Carlos> Although I see your point, in the long term it will be required.
    Carlos> Assuming that Numarray will, at some point in the future, be
    Carlos> included in the stdlib... why not give these people some help,
    Carlos> easing the integration?

I'm not sure they really need my help.  I've never needed Numarray (or
Numeric) in my own work.  If it's deemed useful I'm sure someone from that
community could whip something out in a few minutes.  The concepts
represented by the csv module are a lot shallower than those represented by
Numarray.

Skip