How can engineers not understand source-code control?

Mark Carter mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 11:15:57 EST 2005

Mark Carter wrote:

> I'm thinking that the I-Ching is a vast untapped resource for
> programming wisdom, plus it makes it funny.

Well, carrying on in the same frivilous and some might say off-topic
mood, I did a bit of a Google, and found that you can generate your very
own I-Ching reading:
http://www.grillet.co.uk/iching/

According to the link at:
http://www.grillet.co.uk/iching/casting.html
"The I Ching is a good guide in taking decisions when you have no
rational basis on which to take them."  So if your project manager comes
out with something like "A pot upturned to empty the decay. The superior
one attends to the Way of Heaven.", you'll know whence he's distilling
his madness.