video analysis with python

Ashot ashot at removethismolsoft.com
Mon Jan 17 02:19:42 EST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:08:46 +0100, Alexander 'boesi' Bösecke
<boesi.josi at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am 16.01.2005 12:44:27 schrieb Miki Tebeka:
>
>> 1. There is PyMedia (http://pymedia.org/)
>
> Is this library able to extract single images from a video? AFAICS it
> can only convert videos from one format to another. But I didn't try it,
> I've looked only in the docu.
>
> Maybe pyVideo (http://www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python/) would be a
> solution. But for me the AVIFile-Module doesn't work stable, it
> regularly crashes the python-interpreter.
>
> And there is a library for accessing DirectShow called PyDShowCam.
>
> cu boesi

I haven't tried it yet, but yes its pretty full featured library, there is
a tutorial here on extracting images:
  http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/FrameAccess.html

--
Ashot Petrosian
University of Texas at Austin, Computer Sciences