shutil.move has a mind of its own

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Tue Jan 11 20:31:08 EST 2005

Daniel Bickett wrote:

> As it happens, the
> desired locations are system folders (running windows xp, the folders
> are as follows: C:\WINDOWS, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32).
> To see if this factor was causing the problem, I tried it using the
> interpreter, and found it to be flawless.

I'm not entirely sure what that last sentence means. But does it mean
that shutil.move() works fine if you do it interactively but not in your
code? The simplest interpretation then would be that there is something
wrong in your code.

Why don't you post the debug output of that quoted section of code?

What version of Python are you using? Is it the standard Windows
distribution?
--
Michael Hoffman