Fuzzy matching of postal addresses [1/1]

Andrew McLean spam-trap-095 at at-andros.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 15:00:29 EST 2005

In case anyone is interested, here is the latest.

I implemented an edit distance technique based on tokens. This
incorporated a number of the ideas discussed in the thread.

It works pretty well on my data. I'm getting about 95% matching now,
compared with 90% for the simple technique I originally tried. So I have
matched half the outstanding cases.

I have spotted very few false positives, and very few cases where I
could make a match manually. Although I suspect the code could still be
improved.

It took a bit of head scratching to work out how to incorporate
concatenation of tokens into the dynamic programming method, but I think
I got there! At least my test cases seem to work!