Pystone benchmark: Win vs. Linux (again)

Franco Fiorese franco.fiorese at tin.it
Fri Jan 28 15:53:42 EST 2005

Hi all,
I am relatively new about Python benchmarks.
After some experiments I found that Python on my PC Windows XP has a
relevant higher performance than on Linux. The simple test using
pystone.py shows this:

  * Windows XP Pro:  16566.7 pystones/second
  * Linux (kernel 2.6.9 NPTL): 12346.2 pystones/second

I have repeated the test, on Linux, also with other distributions and
kernel but a relevant difference still exists with Windows offering a
better performance.

Is there any way, that you know, to get better performance under Linux?

regards
Franco