variable declaration

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Jan 31 16:20:59 EST 2005

In article <1gr98se.102e9b1qnsknwN%aleaxit at yahoo.com>,
Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Some people claim a language should change the way you think -- a
>frequent poster, excellent Python contributor, and friend, even has that
>claim in his signature.

Generally speaking, I change my .sig either when I get bored or when
someone references it.  So here's the new one.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger."  --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23