MPI and python+threads on IRIX

Marc Poinot Marc.Poinot at onera.fr
Fri Jan 21 11:09:16 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm trying to add a dynamic module using MPI on a 2.3.4 Python
with threads (posix).
The interpreter blocks into the dlopen (dynload_shlib.c) if any
reference to the IRIX libmpi.so (actually SGI/IRIX 6.5) appears.
The docs say that the use of MPI+dlopen requires a call to MPI_Init_thread
before the dlopen. I wonder how I can build a shared module using
mpi if it blocks inside the dlopen ! It looks like the dlopen itself
blocks at the time it reads the libmpi.so (is it possible).

The MPI modules I've found are not ported on SGI (yes I know...)

Any hints ? Help ? Piece of advice ? Idea ? Patch ? Coconut ?

-MP-
 Marc POINOT             Alias: marcvs        Email: poinot at onera.fr
 ONERA -MFE/DSNA/ELSA    Tel: 01.46.73.42.84  Info: elsa-info at onera.fr
 29, Div. Leclerc        Fax: 01.46.73.41.66  Site:
 92322 Chatillon FRANCE  Project: elsA        Web: http://www.onera.fr