curses is not imported under Linux (and Python 2.4)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jan 7 00:58:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 00:38, Konrad Koller wrote:
> import curses
> produces the ImportError: No module named _curses
> ("from _curses import *"  in line 15 in __init__.py)
> Of course imp.find_module ("_curses") reports the same error.
> How can I make use of the curses package for writing a Python script
> with curses?

What Linux distro?
Is the Python version you're running one you compiled, one that shipped
with the distro, or a 3rd party RPM?

At a guess, I'd say you compiled it yourself and you don't have the
ncurses development packages (providing the ncurses header files and
static libs) installed.

--
Craig Ringer