OT: spacing of code in Google Groups

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jan 5 15:14:33 EST 2005

Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>>Grant Edwards wrote:
>>
>>>I always rather liked line numbers (a-la 'can -n').  That also
>>>makes discussion of the code easier:
>>
>>That, unfortunately, is somewhat harder to remove without
>>using a regular expression...
>
> You mean to say that your editor does not have rectangle operations ?
> :-)

I wouldn't know.**  I try quite hard to limit the features
that I have to learn and remember to a very, very small
list.  Why the heck would I ever have to do "rectangle
operations" on a regular basis?  ;-)

-Peter

** I'm using Scite; it probably has it.  It has quite a few
features -- far more than I'll ever use.  Remarkable how
simple an editor could be and still be effective... for
some people.