Continuations Based Web Framework - Seaside.

gabriele renzi rff_rff at remove-yahoo.it
Sun Jan 2 09:02:43 EST 2005

Mike Thompson ha scritto:

> 'Seaside' is a Smalltalk framework for what might be called "Modal Web
> Development" or "Synchronous Web Programming", or even "Continuation
> Based Web Apps".
>
>     http://www.beta4.com/seaside2/
>
> Very sexy it looks too.  And it seems to be generating a lot of interest
> - Ruby and Java variants have already sprung up:
>
>      http://rubyforge.org/projects/borges/
>      http://lakeshore.sourceforge.net/

actually, there are also implementations in Scheme, Common Lisp
(UnCommonWeb) and Cocoon-FLOW has similar concepts.
  And somewhere (I think on the portland pattern repository) I recall
reading that Viaweb (aka "the first web app") was written in CPS. Also
notice that the Wee project in ruby is more advanced that Borges.

> I googled for the python spin-off but didn't find one. Closest I found
> was Imposter (http://csoki.ki.iif.hu/~vitezg/impostor/) which looks like
> an earlier, partially failed attempt to do what Seaside now seems to be
> delivering.

I think "independent" more than earlier, it seem many people are
reinventing this from time to time.
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that IIRC something on this lines
appeared recently in the nevow svn tree, maybe you can take a look.