file.readlines() - gives me error (bad file descriptor)

Binu K S binux.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 03:57:40 EST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:17:11 +0530, Gurpreet Sachdeva
<gurpreet.sachdeva at gmail.com> wrote:
> I concure and have figured out the solution BUT while reading from the
> file from the position where the file handler is, should return
> "Null/Blank/Anything in this world" BUT should not write into the
> file...
> The information written was that in the Buffer of the handler... Does
> that mean reading a file will actually release the buffer by throwing
> the contents in the file???

I'm sorry, I didn't get what you trying to say here. Where do you see
a read altering the file? An example might help.

> Please Comment...

> May be applicable in handling logs...

Sometimes after opening a file you read the contents of a file and
then append to it. I haven't seen writing to a file and then going
back to see what was written.