OT: MoinMoin and Mediawiki?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Jan 11 12:15:48 EST 2005

[Paul]
> [MoinMoin] doesn't have [...] automatic update notification for
> specific pages of your choice

Yes it does.  See http://entrian.com/sbwiki for example - register there
and you'll see in your preferences "Subscribed wiki pages (one regex per
line)"

> The BogusMixedCaseLinkNames.  I'd rather have ordinary words with
> spaces between them, like we use in ordinary writing.

MoinMoin has an option to display WikiWords with spaces between them
(albeit still capitalised), again in the user preferences.

I'm not saying that MoinMoin is better than MediaWiki, just that it really
does have some of the features you say it doesn't (perhaps you've been
looking at an old version).

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com