python and macros (again) [Was: python3: 'where' keyword]

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Jan 14 05:35:07 EST 2005

Antoon Pardon wrote:

>> no, expressions CAN BE USED as statements.  that doesn't mean
>> that they ARE statements, unless you're applying belgian logic.
>
> No I am applying set logic. Any string that is in the set of
> valid expressions is also in the set of valid statements.

since you're arguing that one concept is identical to another concept, that
operation has to work in both directions.

> Like any animal that is in the set of dogs is also in the
> set of mamals.

and all mammals are dogs?

it this a language problem?  do you have problems parsing the statements
you reply to?  even when someone explictly says "Given that we are having
this discussion in the context of", you chose to ignore that context.  what's
wrong with you?

</F>