Python Operating System???

jtauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Sat Jan 8 16:24:00 EST 2005

My experiment, Cleese, was making progress before I got distracted by
other things.

The approach was a micro-kernel in C made up of the CPython bytecode
interpreter with the file-related calls to libc ripped out and some
bare-metal port read/writes and memory operations exposed to Python as
built-in functions.

Everything else could then be written in pure Python. Dave Long was
able to write a VGA driver in Python and an implementation of Sokoban
that used it. You could then boot your machine to Sokoban :-)

I should probably get back to it at some stage.

see http://cleese.sourceforge.net/
James Tauber
http://jtauber.com/blog/