Windows GUIs from Python

Doug Holton a at b.c
Tue Jan 11 13:55:42 EST 2005

Bob Swerdlow wrote:

> Anyone have opinions about whether we will be better off using PythonNet or
> wxPython for the GUI layer of our application on Windows?  Our code is all
> Python and is now running on Mac OS X with PyObjC and Cocoa, which works
> very well.  Our goal is not necessarily to move to a cross-platform
> solution, but rather to create a solid Windows version that looks and feels
> like a native application.  All the code that interacts with the user is
> factored out of our business logic, so it is a matter of find a good
> view/controller library and writing a thin glue layer.  And, of course, we
> want to build it as efficiently and robustly as we can.

I would also recommend wxPython.  It runs on Macs, too, so you can at
least see how it compares to your PyObjC interface and keep primarily
developing on your Mac.
You might also be interested in PyGUI although it doesn't have a native
Windows implementation yet:
http://nz.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python_gui/