directory bug on linux; workaround?

Ewald R. de Wit erdewit at d-e-l-e-t-e.zonnet.nl
Mon Jan 17 12:10:40 EST 2005

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> It seems that the path was to a "fat" file partition and included a
> directory name that was all uppercase. The directory was created, but
> using lowercase. I'm not yet sure the version of python.
>
> The workaround for now is to not use fat file partitions. But I was
> wondering if anyone had a better option?

You can mount the FAT partition with the 'shortname' argument, i.e.
put something like

/dev/sda1 /usbkey auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,exec,users,shortname=winnt,check=s 0 0

in your /etc/fstab

Btw, this is a general Linux problem and is not really related to
Python (it also happens when working with shells or filemanagers).

--
  --  Ewald