{Spam?} Re: naive doc question

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Jan 30 22:20:24 EST 2005

    >> I wanted a list of all the methods of dict for example... where can i
    >> find it?

    Terry> Lib Ref 2.3.8 Mapping Types.  Do browse chapter 2 so you know
    Terry> what is there.

I think the best doc page to bookmark is the global module index:

    http://docs.python.org/lib/modindex.html

Not only does it give you a quick index to the modules, but if you click
__builtin__ it will refer you to section 2.1.  In the dev docs (2.5a0) it
refers you to chapter 2, even better as far as I'm concerned.

With the above bookmark I don't really have to remember where much else in
the docs live.

Skip