What can I do with Python ??

Brian Beck exogen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 19:24:12 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> You _gotta_ be kidding, right...?  The Beginner's Guide link takes you
> right to the BeginnersGuide page which starts with the reassurance that
> Python is easy to learn even if you're new to programming and continues
> with a zillion useful links.  The Python Books link takes you to a huge

While I agree that there is much useful content on the official Python
site, I particularly hate the BeginnersGuide and much of the resulting
introduction pages. Often when I happily refer Python to someone who
wants to learn a simple language, I go to the Python site and imagine
where I would start if I were them. Once I get to the BeginnersGuide I
don't see anything immediately useful, and when I look for it I get
frustrated.

--
Brian Beck
Adventurer of the First Order