PyGame not working(?) (was: trouble installing numeric)

Chris Weisiger dderakon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:22:08 EST 2005

On 1/29/05 11:38 PM, Robert Kern  wrote:

> Chris Weisiger wrote:
>> 	I'm trying to install numeric on my MacOS X box using Darwin, with
>> the  eventual goal of satisfying all of PyGame's dependencies so I
>> can  finally start working on my semester project. I would be using
>> MacPython,  except that I can't seem to get its Package Manager to
>> work.

> <snip>
> This is fixed in CVS.

Thanks; I've now successfully installed Numeric, as well as all of the
other dependencies listed for PyGame. However, PyGame appears to still
not be working. When I try to run the program at the top of this page:
http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/tom/games2.html
I get the following error:

% python main.py
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort

Is this a problem with PyGame or with something else? I can run a simple
Hello World program, so I'm assuming that Python itself is fine. Any
ideas?

--
"Don't take life so serious, son - it ain't nohow permanent." -
Porkypine