[OT] Good C++ book for a Python programmer

Paul Rubin http
Wed Jan 19 12:45:10 EST 2005

"rick_muller at yahoo.com" <rick_muller at yahoo.com> writes:
> I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a good C++ book, with
> "good" being defined from the perspective of a Python programmer. I
> realize that there isn't a book titled "C++ for Python Programmers",
> but has anyone found one that they think goes particularly well with
> the Python way?

I think it's not possible to really grok C++ without having worked on
large multi-person C projects and understood what problems C++ tried
to solve.  The only good book I know about C++ is by Stroustrup, "The
C++ Programming Language" or something like that; it's not an easy
book though.