Recent infoworld column

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:25:40 EST 2005

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 13:14:17 -0500, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> Dwarf Electrician wrote:
> > from a long time listener...
> >
> > http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/12/30/01OPstrategic_1.html
>
> Kudos for Roger Binns!

>From Mr. Udell himself:

"""
When people talk about the heroes of open source, you tend to hear
such familiar names as Linus Torvalds, Larry Wall, Brendan Eich, Guido
van Rossum, Monty Widenius, Miguel de Icaza, and Rasmus Lerdorf. No
question about it: These people are my heroes. But so is Roger Binns,
and so are the countless other unsung heroes of open source. For
solving a host of vexing problems with quiet competence, and for doing
it in ways that invite others to stand on their shoulders, I salute
them all.
"""

That's recognition. Wow.

--