Installing Numeric with ATLAS and LAPACK

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 04:58:43 EST 2005

drife wrote:

> Could you clarify this please?
>
> Let's say that I want to make a call to the LAPACK
> routine sspevd, and pass it a matrix, and get the result. How do I
> accomplish this?

I just had a quick look, and it seems that sspevd is NOT one of the already
wrapped LAPACK functions.  Try

dir(scipy.linalg.flapack)

and

dir(scipy.linalg.clapack)

to see what's been already wrapped.  From what I understand, wrapping more of
lapack is rather easy, it's just that nobody has committed the time to 100%
coverage.

But this question is much better posed on the scipy list, where the people who
wrote the lapack wrapping code can give you a better answer (I didn't).

Cheers,