Another scripting language implemented into Python itself?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue Jan 25 18:08:06 EST 2005

In article <mailman.1296.1106682706.22381.python-list at python.org>,
Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
			.
>worrying about Python security seems superfluous.  Why worry, for instance,
>about os.unlink when the user can just do the same much easier in a text or
>gui shell?
			.
			.
			.
It's an apt question--and one with several answers.  I'll
hint at the range by observing that part of security has
to do with prevention not of malicious acts, but of common
mistakes.  I entirely agree with you that it's crucial to
think of wider context, and whether a particular choice's
costs are worth its benefits.