Python 2.1 - 2.4 differences

Dan Perl danperl at rogers.com
Mon Jan 24 15:36:17 EST 2005

I'm not sure whether it's worth learning python from a book on 2.1 because
of the changes that were made especially in 2.2 (see
http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.1/whatsnew/,
http://www.python.org/2.2.1/descrintro.html).

I don't know of a specific e-book on Python although there are several good
on-line tutorials.  But if getting published books is difficult in your
country, then I would heartily recommend Safari Books Online
(http://www.safaribooksonline.com/).  I have been using it for a few months
and I find it to be very useful.

Dan

news:tcedpqix23lw$.v3p06vutw05p$.dlg at 40tude.net...