python and macros (again) [Was: python3: 'where' keyword]

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 13 09:29:49 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Antoon Pardon wrote:
>

>>Well, it seems that Guido is wrong then. The documentation clearly
>>states that an expression is a statement.
>

> no, it says that an expression statement is a statement.  if you don't
> understand the difference, please *plonk* yourself.

OK then, "The documentation clearly states that not all statements can
be expressions". Specifically Guido has justified the fact that an
assignment does not return any value, and therefore cannot be used as a
component of an expression.

Mea culpa, but I'm not going to *plonk* myself - then *nobody* would be
listening to me :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119