snakespell and myspell

vincent wehren vincent at visualtrans.de
Tue Jan 25 14:54:30 EST 2005

Fuzzyman wrote:
> I'm looking to implement a plugin spell checker.
>
> I'm probably going to go with PyEnchant, as it looks to be the most
> promising currently maintained spell checker.

What I would like to know about PyEnchant is how to handle non-ascii
input. Through trial & error I've noticed that let's say German Umlauts
are stored in the dictionary as using dead accents (is that the term?)
(as in 'Mu"tter'), however French accented characters appear to be
stored differently (as in '\xc3\xa9levage'. Anybody know what the
"system" is?

> I just wondered if anyone knew what happened to snakespell and myspell.

Don't know about that. But than there also is a pyrex-driven aspell
binding at http://sourceforge.net/projects/uncpythontools

Regards,

--
Vincent Wehren