Using HTTPSConnection and verifying server's CRT

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Mon Jan 31 11:29:48 EST 2005

According to Marc Poulhiès  <marc.poulhiesNO-SP4M at epfl.ch>:
> I tried to see if the M2Crypto has this possibility, but from my tests
> and from what I can find on the website, it seems not :/

How did you test and where on the website does it say not?

> Can someone confirm me this is not possible or point me to something
> that could help me?

M2Crypto does server cert verification. With M2Crypto's httpslib, you pass
in an SSL.Context instance to the HTTPSConnection constructor to configure
the SSL; one of the config knobs is cert verification. So, redo your test,
satisfy yourself that this is doable, and send me your code to include as
an example in the distribution. ;-)

M2Crypto even does client certs. Since Apr 2000, according to the very last
blog entry on the ZServerSSL page.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>

http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- M2Crypto, ZServerSSL for Zope, Blog