Exception not captured

Miki Tebeka miki.tebeka at zoran.com
Tue Jan 11 08:26:55 EST 2005

Hello All,

Can someone please explain how is the following code fragment possible?
(If you're interested I can place the whole project somewhere).

def checkout(dest, log):
    '''Get latest version from SCM

        client - SCM client to use
        dest - Destination directory
    '''
    try:
        SCM.checkout(dest, log)
    except SCMError, e:
        raise NightlyError("Checkout")
    except Exception, e:
        import inspect
        file = inspect.getsourcefile(e.__class__)
        line = inspect.getsourcelines(e.__class__)[1]
        print "%s:%d" % (file, line)
        file = inspect.getsourcefile(SCMError)
        line = inspect.getsourcelines(SCMError)[1]
        print "%s:%d" % (file, line)
        print SCMError is e.__class__
        raise SystemExit

I get to the second "except" clause, and the printout is:
/home/mikit/work/nightly/scm/common.py:3
/home/mikit/work/nightly/scm/common.py:3
False

How is this possible?
Bye.