OT: spacing of code in Google Groups

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 11:11:23 EST 2005

[Peter Hansen]
| [Steve Holden]
| > Peter Hansen wrote:
| >> But the whole argument is fairly moot...  I've needed a rectangle
| >> operation only once in the last ten years, and if I hadn't known at
| >> the time that my editor could do it (and spent about half an hour
| >> figuring out how it worked), I could have written a utility to
| >> do the job faster if I'd been using Python at the time...
| >
| > Or even used cut(1) from the command line.
|
| Or myybe not :-)
|
| Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
| (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
|
| c:\>cut
| 'cut' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
| operable program or batch file.

Thanks goodness for UnxUtils, is what I say:

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

(But you probably knew that!)

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

o:\scripts\work_in_progress\tim>c:\tools\cut --help
Usage: c:\tools\cut [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Print selected parts of lines from each FILE to standard output.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk