Problem with win32net on Windows 2K

Read Roberts rroberts at adobe.com
Thu Jan 27 15:47:46 EST 2005

I am trying to use win32net on a Windows 2000 Japanese system, and
discover that it won't import.  I found a message describing the
problem (see below) but can't find any response, and don't see a bug
report on the  SourceForge site for this. . Can anyone tell me if
this has ben fixed? An early message in 2000 said that win32net is
supposed to run on Windows 2000

I find the same problem reported, with more detail, on the py2exe
user list, where Thomas Heller commented on 2004-08-26 :

>  Here"s the rest of the trackback:
  > File "netbios.pyc", line 1, in ?
  > File "win32wnet.pyc", line 9, in ?
  > File "win32wnet.pyc", line 7, in __load
  > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

   The procedure entry point LsaLookupNames2 could not be located in the
   dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll

  This looks like the win32net Python extension requires the
  LsaLookupNames2 function in ADVAPI32, but this is only available in
  WinXP and Win2003 Server, according to MSDN, preventing to use win32net
  on win2k.  You should report this to Mark Hammond, and maybe use a later
  version of pywin32 for now.

  Thomas