An mysql-python tutorial?

Kartic removethis.kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 01:41:37 EST 2005

Dfenestr8 said the following on 1/28/2005 5:21 PM:
> Hi.
>
> Been told by the admin of my (free!) server that he'd rather I should
> learn to use mysql if I want to continue writing cgi scripts there.
>
> Not even sure exactly what mysql is.
>
> Is there a simple tutorial anywhere on the web about using python + mysql?

Did you try googling?

There are two items in the very first page that should be of use to you.
One is the Python-MySQL module, which you should have installed.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

There is an examples directory that has some concrete stuff to help you
learn.

Another hit is a basic tutorial, simple to follow and learn :-
http://images.devshed.com/Server_Side/Python/PythonMySQL/PythonMySQL.pdf

And here is one more site, good stuff here too:-
http://www.kitebird.com/articles/pydbapi.html

You might also want to check the "Charming Python" pages at IBM.com but
I dont know if they have articles covering mysql.

HTH!

Thanks,
--Kartic