rotor replacement

Paul Rubin http
Sat Jan 22 11:38:25 EST 2005

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> writes:
> It was discussed in this thread:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-April/034959.html
>
> Guido and M.-A. Lemburg were leaning against including crypto; everyone else
> was positive.  But Guido's the BDFL, so I interpreted his vote as being the
> critical one.

That's interesting, so it's an export issue after all.  But export
from the US is handled by sending an email to the DOC, and Martin
mentions that's already been done for some Python modules.  I had been
under the impression was that the concern was over causing possible
problems for users in some destination countries, and possibly having
to maintain separate distros for the sake of users like that.  But
maybe I was wrong about that.